Sep 21, 2020

Blood Bowl: The Orcland Wanderers

Once upon a time, an entirely unremarkable Orc team was making a decent living on the tournament circuit in the Dark Lands. Then one day, they chanced upon an orc who claimed to be a prophet of Nuffle himself. Nuffle had given him a vision: he would lead the team out into the Blasted Wastes, where they would find a golden city, rich beyond their wildest dreams but lacking a Blood Bowl team. The team, almost certainly very drunk, was gripped by the prophet's vision, and they cheerfully set out into the desert, singing songs about the promised land that awaited them.

Eventually, of course, the enthusiasm (not to mention the fungus beer) wore off, and the team realized that there was no golden city. Once they'd eaten the supposed prophet of Nuffle, they were so far into the wastelands that there was nothing to do but keep going. After a succesful tour of the Chaos Dwarf circuit, the greenskins took to their new way of life and started travelling all over the Old World to play. With no home stadium, they took to calling themselves the Orcland Wanderers.

**

In other words, I was going through my old Warhammer stuff and found my old 3rd edition Blood Bowl plastics. This is the team:

6 linemen (300,000)
2 blitzers (160,000)
2 black orc blockers (160,000)
2 throwers (140,000)
4 re-rolls (240,000)

And here's the roster:

#4 Drek Garr, thrower
#8 Mark-um Maaarrgghh, thrower
#15 Nelson Agharghaaarrgh, blitzer
#28 Ork Truk, lineman
#29 Lawaaagh-Joiner, lineman
#52 Waaagh Mack, black orc blocker
#55 Von-Tar Perfect, lineman
#75 Orcius Latham, lineman
#87 Jaaarrghh Cook, lineman
#89 Aaargh Cooper, blitzer
#95 Jihad Waaargh, lineman
#98 Maxx Gross, black orc blocker

**

I started with the linemen. They were primed with Army Painter's Greenskin Primer, and they're wearing Medium Sea Grey loincloths, Ivory socks, Off-White shirts and Gunmetal Grey helmets, for what I think is a quite decent Orcland look! I drybrushed a little Deep Green over the Greenskin Primer.


And here are the positional players, as well as a goblin. I apologize for that, I don't know how he got in there.


I also apologize for the picture quality: my old phone stopped working, and the camera on the new one is rubbish. Anyway here's the team:


**

Painting these guys was a fun little project! I'll see if I can find my humans next.

No comments: