Nov 3, 2021

Blood Bowl: Sisters of Shallya

When I was making an order from the excellent Eureka Games ages ago, I threw in a Shadowforge Nun Gridiron Team, mostly just for the heck of it, but also, when I was a kid, I did spend two years at a Catholic school still occasionally haunted by nuns. My current team is also made up of Shadowforge minis, and I like them. Now that there's suddenly a veritable horde of people around willing to at least try Blood Bowl, it turns out I have to paint yet another team! So nuns it is.

**

The Sisters of Shallya were originally nuns tending the temple of Shallya in the Ostland town of Salkalten, but when their abbess received inspiration from Shallya herself, or possibly from attending a football game, the sisters took to Blood Bowl to help fund their temple. They wear their monastic habits in the colors of Ostland.

First up, we've got the two guards, who I'm fielding as blitzers. Because I think the blitzers might otherwise be difficult to tell apart from the line-nuns, I'm painting the base edges according to my positional color scheme; the blitzers therefore have light green bases.


And then the throwers; the one reading a book is easily my favorite model in this whole delightful range.


The catchers:


And the five line-nuns.


Finally, foreseeing that I might want to try a human team with an Ogre in the starting lineup, I got one from Impact Miniatures.


Here's the whole team!


**

So, put these models together, and this is what you get:

1 Ogre: 140,000gp
2 blitzers: 180,000gp
2 throwers: 140,000gp
2 catchers: 140,000gp
5 linemen: 250,000gp
3 re-rolls: 150,000gp

That's straight up one million gold pieces with the models I have on hand, so I'm calling this a roster! They'll be in action soon.

No comments: