Oct 18, 2021

Blood Bowl: The Ferlangen Flyers

Shortly after I faced the plastic orcs that came with my Blood Bowl box in a game, I had another friend express an interest in trying the game, so I painted up the starter set humans as well, as the Ferlangen Flyers.

The Flyers are the local team of the town of Ferlangen, in the Grand Principality of Ostland in the Empire. Starting out as a minor league team during the NAF era, the Ferlangen Flyers quickly developed a reputation for a surprisingly robust tackling game, and an intimidating home stadium, the Broad Street Arena. After the collapse of the NAF, the Flyers took on all comers, even hosting a pioneering exchange program with amateur teams from Kislev. These days, they're regarded as a competent journeyman team, unlikely to win any championships, but not to be taken lightly.

**

I had originally undercoated the models black and painted the uniforms orange, so I finished them quickly with Flat Brown equipment, Gunmetal Grey armor and Old Gold helmets for the blitzers.


The Blood Bowl box came with six linemen, two throwers, two catchers and two blitzers. Unless I've done my math all wrong, that adds up to an unsatisfying 760,000 gp, with starting re-rolls at 50,000 each. If we add Zara the Slayer as a proxy third blitzer, I believe that puts us at exactly 850,000gp, for the following starting roster:

#2 Markus How, lineman
#7 Katarina Schmidt, blitzer
#8 David "Hammer" Schultz, lineman
#10 Johannes DerKlair, thrower
#16 Robert Klark, lineman
#17 Robert "Hulk" Brand, lineman
#19 Mikhail Rendberg, catcher
#20 Derickus Hetzer, lineman
#21 Peter Kraftberg, catcher
#27 Ronald Hexstall, thrower
#80 Markus "Wrecker" Recker, lineman
#88 Erich Lindros, blitzer
#97 Jeremia Rönick, blitzer

3 team re-rolls

No comments: